First Impressions

Just like a lady a,customer must be courted. This involves giving them a sense of security through real promises and actions,also throwing in a bit of charm and confidence will proof very beneficial in reducing the amount of time needed to get them. By putting in place a customer approach strategy in your company or business,you safe-guard your present and future with your client since structures have been configured to ensure that the clients' needs are heard,recorded,acted upon and the confirmation of fulfillment are made thus justifying your company's existence to the clients by solving their problem and proving that you will consistently adjust to change with their ever dynamic needs. Just like dating you are always affirming to each other your commitments and resolve to be together.
On this Monday afternoon I was to meet my lady for her birthday lunch at one of the many malls in the country, this was so because partially it wasn't end-month yet and partially because we had both made a resolve that we would not be partying for once over her birthday. Anyway we decided to dine in one of the branches of a major coffee chain restaurant because they had some of the best steak and milk-shakes I know to date,if they knew who I am and if I had the kind of following Kim Kardashian has then they would have paid me to mention their name and probably that would be the story of how I made my first million. To be fair it was during lunch hour so we couldn't complain much because of the huge number of people in the restaurant and still we were lucky enough to find seats at a corner that in other ways was not a corner,besides that was the best place for me to be sweet to her. Some time later after our conversational energy began to wear off,we noticed that it had been exactly twenty five minutes before someone even said hi to us leave alone take our order when suddenly a waitress appeared and asked if we had ordered. I was this close to shouting at her but then it hit me that she was a lady and it was another special lady's birthday so I politely said no and gave her our orders all this,while cursing at her internally. This emotion later on disappeared when I noticed that she had apologized profusely with a smile on her face constantly. Strangely enough we noticed that the restaurant manager was having a very casual conversation and hearty laughter with the barrister having no care in the world of the clients trying to come in or the ones looking into the restaurant and strolling by murmuring among themselves. The waitress came back within no time with our orders in toe and the same welcoming smile and as she got to the table uttered a barrage of all the best niceties to ensure that the food and initial service doesn't leave a bad taste in our mouths and as fast as she came so did she leave. I was amazed that at the end of the meal and paying for it over the mobile payment platform we received a customer service feedback survey. According to me it was not complete since it provided me with the rating option but never a chance to explain why I gave a poor rating and how best they could solve it. 
The company as a whole I am sure had a customer approach strategy from its inception what I wasn't sure about was whether or not it was fully communicated and absorbed as part of the company's culture or it was communicated in a way that was not relatable and thus not adopted. In my opinion the manager should have been the one assigning seats and facilitating the smooth movement of traffic in and out of the restaurant,this way he would have led by example and set the tone of operations. After all as the wise men say first impressions are always the most important because they last longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Primal Advantage

Perks of Responsibilities

The Disruption Complex