Unset Destinations

"Destinations change with Decisions" this quote is used to illustrate the importance of a simple decision. Also I tend to think of it as an emphasis to the common scientific law that every action has an equal  and opposite reaction.
Being a young person in the 21st century, I was driven to do what I do by a list of a very few motivational factors.These are making a lot of money,live in an expensive lavish home,drive amazing European cars,dine in the most exquisite of restaurants and settle down with a lovely hard-working wife that has her own ambitions and goals and sire a few very beautiful babies(This was a fact for me before I was woke,now all I want to do is bring some significant change to my immediate community and environment and if the money comes well and good)
I used to think that I had all my future figured out immediately after campus,I was to get a job for two years,save a bit of money then resign and go on to start a business and voila! my future was set, or at least that was what was in the box in my manly mind that holds all the future aspirations,after all I used to have a list outlining what to do when to do it in the course of the twenty four hours or in simpler terms 86,400 worth of second assets. However,as a kid all I wanted to do was to become a pilot,get to travel the world for free and interact with the beautiful members of the cabin crew while at it,I also loved the idea of flying since to me it was the very essence of freedom.
Life had a very interesting way of directing me towards my path or 'Destiny' as some of us might call it,because as quickly as I grew up so did the idea of being a pilot quickly fade away,well partly because I was never really into my studies and partly because from a young age I found out that there are other human beings outside here who have their own private pilots.I also came across the very grim reality of life which was in a very short statement 'A human being has two very important days of his/her life,The Day he/she was Born and The Day he/she finds out their Purpose' It took me two straight years after campus to realize this,thus my earlier statement now am woke. Life is significantly short,based on statistics The Life Expectancy in Kenya is 62.13 years as of 2015,it is also a fact that after retirement people tend to die in 3 years or less,some food for thought!
Now onto the business,the same applies. Global statistics show that 85% of startups die within 3 years of being established whereas 5% of them get stuck between infancy and growth while 5% move onto the maturity stage and the saddest bit is that the remaining 5% that grow into corporations might be faced out by 2025 if they do not adapt to the market demands significantly good example Yahoo search. It only requires a split second decision to determine the mission and vision of a company and where it will be in the near future.Based on my own research the only way to survive is to EMBRACE TECHNOLOGY and SATISFY & AMAZE your customers a good example is the American luxury retail company Nordstrom,it is 117 years,why?Because they have used the above two defining strategies to charter a clear path in-front of them and into the future and this in turn has led them to tremendous profitability and ever so loyal customers after all isn't that what Business owners want?
The decision to always keep your customers first and treat them as if it is the first time they are making a purchase have always had the same effect despite the industry,the time and the place of doing business and the results are always as predictable as night and day. After all simplicity is always the utmost sophistication.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Primal Advantage

Perks of Responsibilities

The Disruption Complex