A Night Out


Going out and partying has become such a defining aspect of Nairobi's youth that it is slowly turning into a culture accepted even by parents to an extent where they finance the night life for their tender young ones.All these has been used to ensure safety for their kids and also make sure that all these 'fun' is had in a controlled environment.As for us the grown ups who have to save our money to go out once or twice every month it is a whole different ball game.We go out because we need to unwind,we go out because we have nothing more to do for entertainment and we go out because we want to drink our problems away because from the increased cost of living to the dismal returns on fixed savings as a grown up you have to deal with the psychological demands.These aside though we have a good time and this is my story.
This was a Friday,I rarely keep calm on these days because it always means the end of the work week and the beginning of my time alone with family and friends,but before that I had to go say hi to my favorite bar man that always kept me coming back for his cocktails.The beauty about this day was that my salary had just checked in and boy was I excited.As I walked towards the spot my head cranked up Bum Bum by Yemi Alade to the max thus giving me crazy grins and wild smiles.All this while picturing a glass of cold cider in my hands just calling out to be dismantled.
The first thing I noticed at the entrance was the level of security,I was convinced that this was the place to be and no matter how drunk I get non of my possessions would get a new more 'loving' owner,second thing was how pretty the stewardesses were,the kind that keep men buying drinks for strangers even when they were not financially prepared to do it.Later on I realized that the latter was the unique selling point for the club,however,as I will explain it became the cause for me going to a competitor.
One stewardess pointed a seat out for me and I gladly took it as I assumed she will take care of my order and billing which would have resulted to a big tip for her,if only I knew.I sat for approximately thirty minutes without getting attended to and just as I was about to get a move on one of them was by my side fully furnished with a smile and a warm welcoming voice ready to take my order.I subconsciously started throwing a murmured tantrum of which she apologized for and in toe with my order was off.It took another fifteen minutes for me to get my two cold beers and by this time the smile and the warm voice had disappeared as if I was a murderer and mind you I had to pay before getting the drinks.Like they say here in Kenya as soon as she came she was gone.
I started questioning my existence as a human being,did they really value my presence as much as they had proclaimed they do?did my financial contribution make any difference to the profitability of the club?My answers were all to the negative and I decided that I had had enough for the night and I decided to go home prematurely.In actual sense it was a good thing since I saved quite an amount,but in the long run it led to me vowing never to visit the club again and since you all are reading I advised more than one person not to visit the establishment.
The same theory applies to all businesses,they need to have a positive impact on their customers it does not matter whether it was the first or the a hundredth visit they have to always be on their best behavior.Customers value such and they do not mind marketing or forgiving one time mistakes but if mistakes are repeated and no improvement seen the company is bound to loose out on customers thus directly affecting their bottom line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Primal Advantage

Perks of Responsibilities

The Disruption Complex